The video campaign by a US organ-donation nonprofit company – Donate Life America – features a real jerk of a character, Coleman Sweeney, who goes through life treating others poorly.
The premise of the video is to showcase in an exaggerated way, how a person with a seemingly appalling character, despised by everyone who comes into contact with him, can become a hero in the same people’s eyes through one good decision to donate organs and tissue. Watch the video and let us know what you think.
The campaign launched quietly on Youtube, with only a press-release, and went viral, with a target market being that of Millennial men. It used offensive, humor to get across a very serious message.
“The percentage of Millennials registering has doubled. Before the video broke, 26% of people registering were men ages 20-34. Within a week, more than half were Millennial men, a 215% increase. After the first week, the number of daily registrations had increased overall by nearly 700%To find out more about the background to this campaigns strategy, ”
Do we therefore, make the unpopular choice for the sake of reaching our target market? Read more on the background of this campaign. Forbes blogger Will Burns wrote a review of the ad—and its impact. He also went on to interview the team that came up with the Campaign strategy. Click here for that follow up post.
Follow and subscribe
- Our DBM Product Shows Great Osteoinductive Potential May 27, 2020
- Meet The Team – Janet Verwejj May 13, 2020
- Discontinued Products & Alternatives May 12, 2020
- Meet The Team -Janet Verweij October 18, 2019
- Discontinued Products & Alternatives October 7, 2019
- Glenoid Reconstruction With Distal Tibia Allograft October 4, 2019
- 1000 Lives July 4, 2019
- A Man And His Dog April 15, 2019
- Allogenic Human Demineralised Humerus As A Mandibular Reconstructive Conduit March 17, 2019
- Specialised Dental Range March 16, 2019
- MARIËTTE LOWES March 6, 2019
- Uncomfortable, Controversial, Donor Campaigns. Yes Or No?? February 3, 2019